The component parts of good quality office chairs will out live fabrics and foams. We can help increase the life of your office furniture in the following ways:
- Replace worn seat foams
- Repair/replace faulty components such as castors
- Full clean & service of component parts
- Reupholster using sustainable office seating fabrics
The majority of our office seating is reupholstered in Camira fabrics. In 2015 Camira were recognised for outstanding achievements in continuous environmental improvement and best in class performance with their second successive Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development. Camira are pioneering a sustainable textile industry through environmental product design, supply chain integrity, resource efficiency, people development and CSR.
EU EcoLabel Textiles
EU Ecolabel textiles meet criteria that guarantee:
- Limited use of substances harmful to health and environment
- Reduction in water and air pollution
- Colour resistance to perspiration, washing, wet and dry rubbing and light exposure
Here are some examples of EU Ecolabel fabrics we can use for reupholstery:
Camira Xtreme – made from 100% recycled polyester
Camira Hemp – 60% Virgin Wool, 40% True Hemp
Camira Blazer – rapidly renewable & compostable, made from 100% wool
Camira Patina – 69% Wool, 22% Flax, 8% Polyamide
Contact us to discuss any seating renovation requirements and request fabric samples.
We were delighted to transform this curved banquette seat for New Bucks University’s Student Union Bar. After taking measurements onsite our skilled upholsterers set to work creating new padded foam seats and fluted backs. We upholstered the banquette in Camira Vita faux leather, a practical and hygenic choice for bar use. Vita is a leather-look vinyl, with a subtle surface grain effect and full matt appearance, it provides maximum protection for heavy duty end-use areas.
Vita does not contain phthalate plasticisers or heavy metals, yet remains soft, stretchy and pliable. It benefits from a modified durable top coat, which offers improved resistance to alcohol cleaners and excellent wearability.
At HSI Furniture we renovate and reupholster all types of seating including computer chairs, bench seating, lecture and theatre seating, sofas and stools. All renovation work is undertaken in-house in our Reading workshops, find out more about our furniture renovation service for education.
Reupholstery is an often overlooked alternative to buying new office furniture. It’s a great excuse to update office chairs with a more contemporary fabric choice and give visitors the best impression of your business. Here are 10 reasons why it makes sense to re-upholster.
- Breathe new life into your chairs with a completely fresh look
- Its quick with our 7 – 10 day service
- A comprehensive clean and service of all parts is included
- We stock component parts from leading chair manufacturers
- Huge choice of fabrics – traditional and contemporary
- Fabrics for specific work environments: office, healthcare, hospitality
- Improve hygiene and infection control, simple fabric change will transform tired looking fabric
- Environmentally friendly, save on waste and disposal cost
- All replacement foams meet all UK fire regulations
- FREE collection & FREE delivery back to you refreshed inside and out*
We can often provide pricing over email or we are happy to visit your office and advise you on which of your chairs are economical to reupholster or repair. In addition to standard operator and task chairs we also reupholster sofas, reception chairs, beam seating, booth seating and indeed any other type of chair within your office. All work is undertaken at our upholstery worshop in Berkshire by our own highly skilled and experienced upholsterers.
*Free delivery & collection is subject to a minimum order value and applies to commercial customers only.
HSI Furniture supply comprehensive furniture solutions for hospitals, care homes, and reform environments. From onsite repairs and upholstery to manufacture of furniture and bespoke items.
We have completed many projects small and large for NHS trusts and for the Prison service including:
- Infection control upgrades
- Servicing & repairs
- Manufacturing and bespoke furniture
Our re-upholstery service is available to repair any damaged or worn items including medical couches, plinths, waiting room chairs, reception furniture and office furniture and any other items within any working environment.
Our onsite service is available to minimise disruption, most items can be re-upholstered onsite and will only be out of use for a matter of minutes. We arrange a site visit to determine, which items can or cannot be completed on site and then arrange a schedule to meet your needs. Items that cannot be completed on site, can be repaired in our Berkshire workshop and returned within hours.
We can remove old worn fabrics and replace with new modern performing vinyl’s in any colour to keep all working products fit for use. All our work is compliant with method and risk assessments and is fully insured. All our processes are completed to match the original manufacturers methods and all work is fully guaranteed. See our re-upholstery FAQ.
Our specialized fabrics are designed to help combat infection in areas through any environment. All our Vinyl’s boast a host of technical components as standard:
- Crib 5 medium hazard rating
- Crib 7 fabric for BS7176 source 7 (special option)
- Anti-microbial, including Salmonella, E coli and MRSA
- Stain repellent, REACH compliant
- Waterproof, Bleach cleanable
- Phthalate free
- 5-year guarantee
For more information drop us an email: email@example.com or call us on 0118 988 3009.